Volunteer for Outdoor Colorado’s (VOC) is offering a free training focused on what you need to know to adopt your own trail as well as boosting your trail maintenance skills. This training is appropriate for all skill and interest levels. The VOC class includes online coursework, field training on Saturday, May 22 in Mancos, and take-home materials. Registration is required.
- The tools and techniques needed to assess multi-use trails for maintenance needs;
- The basics of trail tread and corridor maintenance;
- How to maintain and construct drainage features such as knicks, swales and drainage dips;
- Accomplishment reporting, risk management, and tool safety.
When you register, you will receive:
- Access to online coursework
- Attendance at the field training on Saturday, May 22 in Mancos – a great opportunity to meet fellow outdoor stewards! Post-training refreshments will be provided
- Take-home materials to reference on the trail and continue your learning