San Juan Mountains Association is offering the popular Durango Nature Studies’ summer day camps. Connect youth to the outdoors with less commitment from your family’s schedule! Open, dynamic and rich for outdoor opportunity– sign up for one-off day camps and have fun! All of our day camps bring youth together in small groups to explore, play, and feel wild in the woods. Camps will teach art, music, outdoor skills, and science concepts while cultivating imagination and discovery.
Day Camps (grades 1-6)
In Response to the COVID Pandemic: We have decided to make certain modifications to our summer camp programming with the goal of providing a memorable summer experience as safely as possible.
- This June, join us small group hiking adventures on our closest public lands. Youth will be able to explore outdoors, enjoy the fresh air and meet new friends (albeit from a far) during these daily excursions. We’ll still look for creepy crawlies, predators and prey, nature’s art and so much more during these wild days of exploration.
- Our August Day Camps are full day camps at the Durango Nature Center.
A parent handbook will be emailed to registered families at least one week in advance with updated information on safety measures and protocols.
Dates and Themes: Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Aug 11: Forts, survival, primitive living – REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Aug 12: Boats, Rafts, and Fun in the Florida River – REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Aug 13: Flying Animals – REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Aug 18: All about Birds – REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Aug 19: Archaeology Adventure – REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Aug 20: Mud Day – REGISTRATION CLOSED
Cost: $50; We believe these opportunities should be available to all. If you are in need of financial assistance, please submit our Camp Scholarship Form.
Age Eligibility: Rising 1-6 Grades
Max Number of Campers: 13 daily
Drop Off and Pick Up Time/Location:
June 30, July 1, July 2: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at local trailhead
August: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm at Durango Nature Center