In David Black’s Canyoneering:
A Guide to Techniques for Wet and Dry Canyons:
- readers learn the hazards and risks of canyoneering,
- the skills required to gain mastery of canyoneering style and technique,
- and simple, effective ways to negotiate hazardous terrain.
This completed updated, thorough, and to-the-point guide will provide easily understood descriptions of skills used by leading-edge canyoneers and promote simple techniques for solving complex problems. The purpose of this book is to equip canyoneers at all levels with the technical skills they need to enjoy a clean canyoneering experience and avoid dangerous mistakes. This full-color book is the only guide endorsed by the American Canyoneering Association.
Includes information on:
- The right way to apply climbing,
- whitewater skills to technical canyoneering
- An explanation of technical canyon ratings
- Simple, effective ways to negotiate hazardous terrain
- Twelve classic canyons in North America and their ratings ACA-certified instructors, guides, and guide service