The best Hikes and Scrambles over 13,000 feet.
- Non-technical hikes and scrambles on Colorado’s 13,000-foot mountains.
- 50 select routes on the most exciting, beautiful, and adventurous of the 637 officially recognized thirteeners.
- Divided into thirds: easier (about 25% of the routes), modest (50%), and difficult (25%).
- Most summits within a two-hour drive of the Denver/Boulder metro area.
50 chapters includes:
- full-color photography and maps.
- None of the routes are harder than class 3, making this guide suitable to hikers of all skill levels, with no need to use technical mountaineering gear.
- Detailed write-ups include accurate driving directions, at-a-glance stats for the peak, a turn-by-turn description of the primary route, optional route info, and when relevant, interesting history or stories about the featured peak.
- Fees, permits, and an index with info such as thirteener lists, helpful USFS contacts, hiking groups, and online resources are also provided.