• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
Map of Gunnison and Pitkin
- unparalleled detail for outdoor enthusiasts exploring this scenic area on the western slope of the Colorado Rockies.
- Expertly researched and created in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service
- map covers:
- parts of Gunnison National Forest,
- Fossil Ridge Wilderness and Recreation Management Areas,
- Roaring Judy State Wildlife Area
- City of Gunnison.
- The map features many points of interest including:
- Taylor and Gunnison Rivers;
- Flat Top; Square Top
- Fossil Mountains;
- Fossil Ridge.
- Clearly marked trails,
- Forest Service roads and BLM routes.
- Trails are labeled according to their designated use:
- hiking, biking, mountain biking,
- ATVing or snowmobiling,
- Displays contour lines with elevations,
- labeled summits, peaks and passes,
- water features,
- selected waypoints and clear boundaries between public and private land.
Some of the many recreation features noted include trailheads, campgrounds, fishing holes, cross-country ski areas and wildlife viewing areas. Also provided are the Leave No Trace guidelines, wilderness regulations and survival tips.
Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on “Backcountry Tough” waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.
Other features found on this map include: Fossil Ridge Wilderness, Gunnison National Forest, Taylor River, Tomichi Creek.