Surviving Wildfire: Get Prepared, Stay Alive, Rebuild Your Life (A Handbook for Homeowners)
Every year wildfire destroys thousands of homes, devastates countless lives and burns millions of acres.
And every year people who have lost everything say, “We didn’t think it would happen to us. If only we’d been better prepared.”
- What you do before wildfire strikes could save your home.
- What you do during a wildfire could save your life.
- And if your home is damaged or destroyed, what you do now will make it much easier to put your life back together.
Author and researcher Linda Masterson knows what it’s like to flee a wall of flames in the middle of the night. She escaped with her life and little else when her Colorado home burned to the ground in 2011.
Now she’s sifted through information, resources and expert advice from across the country to create a practical handbook that will help homeowners be better prepared if disaster strikes.
- – Assessing Your Risk
- – Firewise Building and Remodeling
- – Defensible Space You Can Live With
- – Advance Planning: A Pound of Prevention Can Save a Ton of Trouble
- – Evacuation Essentials: What to Take, When to Leave, How to Escape
- – Insurance: How Much You Need, What It Covers, How It Works
- – Filing a Claim: Insider Tips and Tactics
- – Recovery: Picking Up Your Pieces and Starting Over – Our Story