When you become a member, your contribution directly supports our stewardship and conservation education programs throughout Southwest Colorado!
ALL MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
- NEW! 10% discount at the following local businesses!
- Free 2024 wall calendar highlighting photos taken exclusively by our staff & volunteers as a THANK YOU end-of-year gift to our dedicated members.
- NEW! Public Lands Alliance Reciprocal Discount Program: By shopping at nonprofit stores on public lands, you directly support education programs, restoration efforts and you help ensure these special places are protected. Through the Reciprocal Discount Program, if you’re an SJMA member, you receive at least a 10% discount on in-store purchases when shopping at other participating organization stores (and there’s a ton of them!).
- 25% off all items at our Visitor Center retail outlets or online (including maps)
- NEWS through SJMA E-News and biannual newsletter (Fall edition includes coupon to SJMA’s Annual Tree Lot)
MEMBERSHIP OF $50 or more
- 10% DISCOUNT on all education programming (i.e. summer camps, afterschool programming, etc.).
Find the right level for you! Become a member for as low as a $5 monthly donation or $30/yr and be part of over 30 years of inspiring stewardship and conservation education.
Why Become a Member?
Because you love the San Juan Mountains!
SJMA is a member-supported organization which means that your membership directly supports our stewardship and conservation education programs such as our Forest Ambassadors, Wilderness Stewardship Crew, Public Land Ambassadors, school-based enrichment programs, and much more. This summer alone, these programs made an incredible difference in Southwest Colorado by:
* talking with over 20,000 public land visitors, spreading “Leave No Trace” principles throughout the region;
* hauling out hundreds of pounds of trash from popular trails;
* spending hundreds of hours doing light trail maintenance; and
* offering more than $10,000 in scholarships to ensure that every kid has the opportunity to participate in our programs
With the support of our members, SJMA is reaching more people than ever throughout Southwest Colorado, instilling in them understanding, passion, and ultimately, the respect and desire to protect our spectacular public lands.
Join or Renew by mail
Please make a check out to SJMA, and mail to:
PO Box 2261
Durango, CO 81302
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does my membership last?
Your membership starts the day you join and expires one year later. Worried you’ll forget to renew? You can choose ‘renew automatically’ when becoming a member.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes, SJMA is a 501 (c) 3 organization and donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Your thank you email will include your total donation and SJMA’s federal tax ID number.
How will I receive my benefits?
Your member benefits will be sent to the mail address or email you provide.
Have other questions?
Contact SJMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.