Forests to Faucets Teacher Workshop
Each year, SJMA, Mountain Studies Institute, Water Information Program, and Fort Lewis College host a two days, hands-on exploration of our local watersheds for teachers. Designed for local teachers’ to teach their students about where water comes from – because it doesn’t just come from the faucet. Curriculum guide is based on the children’s book “My Water Comes from the San Juan Mountains”.
Dates: Stay tuned for summer 2021 dates
- Place Based learning
- Guest speakers
- Hands-on field experience in the San Juan River watershed.
- Travel reimbursement for Montezuma County teachers
- Social Distance Friendly
- Includes free teaching kit and curriculum guide fro your school
- Optional 1 credit from Adams State University ($55 fee) upon completion of course and homework
- Certificate for 16 contact hours
If you are a teacher and would like us to visit you and your classroom, please contact one of the following individuals:
- For Cortez, Dolores, Mancos, Durango, Bayfield, Ignacio Schools –Adriana Stimax
- For Pagosa Springs, Silverton, Telluride Schools – Amanda Kuenzi
Click for a guided visual tour of each watershed!