SMJA is continuing the popular Forest Fridays, fun outdoor activities in Montezuma County led by one of our outdoor educators. Forest Fridays take place very other Friday through the end of July. The group will focus on conservation and once per month will aid in stewardship projects on the San Juan National Forest.
- Participants will be asked to maintain 6 ft. of social distancing when reasonable, wear face-masks, and hand-wash/sanitize frequently
- No shared food or communal eating spaces
- Families will be expected to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms
- Daily temperature checks will be conducted by program counselors
- We ask that parents please have conversations with their kids about social distancing, using the restroom outside, and the expectation of long(ish) periods of physical activity
April 16 (trail work)
May 14 (trail work)
June 11 (trail work)
July 9 (trail work)
9:00am – 3:00pm
Max Number of Participants
Each Monday, parents will receive an email with the upcoming Friday location taking the weekly weather into account. All locations will be at trails near Cortez, Dolores, and Mancos to ease the burden on parents.
At this time, SJMA cannot transport students due to COVID. We will continue to reassess and will resume transportation as soon as it is safe to do so.
Free to Montezuma youth, thanks to scholarships from our partners at Montezuma Inspire Coalition and GOCO.
A complete gear list will be sent in the confirmation email. Please be sure your child has warm layers and shoes, preferably water resistant.